Wearable technology continues to lead in evolving categories. With wearable, comes convenience and that is a big selling point to brands. Even the automotive industry is exploring and developing interactive technologies for drivers. Some winners for July 2014 are:
• GAMING CARS – Volkswagen specifically worked with Sony Computer Entertainment to design a Roadster Vision Gran Turismo to work with Playstation 3’s Gran Turismo 6 video game. The car is equipped with a 3.0 – liter twin-turbo TSI V6 engine that produces 503 horsepower and 413 pounds-feet of torque. It is hooked up to a seven-speed DSG dual-clutch transmission and 4MOTION all-wheel drive.
• INTERACTIVE YOGA MATS – A much more evolved yoga mat, the LUNAR is a circular mat embedded with LED lights and with the TERA app, users can follow workouts with proper positioning and different pressure/weight triggers. It can also interact with different work out sessions available.
• POCKET SIZED PROJECTORS – Aside from being small and portable, the Odin projector is the first big time Android projector, providing sound and video anywhere. It works on its own launching a screen of whatever you want to watch off the web without the need of more equipment.
• EMOTION-MONITORING HELMETS – The MindReader Helmet can read emotions to create smoother rides. It tracks brainwaves to measure emotions and logs them on a map so you can see when/where you were most stressed.
• SMARTPHONE DOOR KEYS – The days of searching for your keys may soon be over, especially if your smartphone could open the door for you. So far, the Fob Key is compatible with iPhone 4s, 5c and 5s. It works like a smart key for your car in that you just need your phone to be in range. The Kevo Fob can be purchased at different online retailers.
• SMARTPHONE DRIVING DISPLAY – The CarPlay system merges an iPhone screen to a vehicle dashboard display. It combines functions and you can use Siri to keep your eyes on the road and remain focused. It is currently available in several popular 2014 vehicle models.
• BLOW-UP JUMBO SCREENS – Although not a new concept, it is one that has become extremely popular in outdoor events. A jumbo screen perfect for the outdoors is powered by an AC adaptor.
It is always helpful to keep up with current technological trends. Some of the above are surely to make daily tasks easier and more time efficient. Either way, technology will continue to evolve in a very rapid manner.